Sunday, April 19, 2009

Today's sermon in church reminded me of a dream I've always had. Jim was speaking, and expressing the extreme boredom he experiences when visiting museums. "I usually whiz through them in about 11 or 12 minutes," was his comment.

This reminded me of something I have always wanted to do. I'm definitely pulling a "NERD" card on this one, but I have always wanted to design museums as a career. The museums I design would not be boring, however. They would be fun, exciting, interactive museums in which the visitor leaves feeling inspired and satisfied that they had just used several hours of their time in a profitable manner.

Someday... maybe I'll get to design a museum. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. it seems like we have quite a few of the same interests! keane, mae, yellow.. musicals lol. love the idea about and interactive museum. the art museum here in dallas has this little "create something" center. there are pip cleaners, cloth squares, foil, bows, tape, coil thingys.. they let you make whatever and then you can display it up on the shelf. its full of such fun creative things that people have made. and makes me want to go back! they also have a corner where you can draw something and hang it up. and reeeeeally cool exhibits. you should come here and i'll show you!

    ReplyDelete